January 2011: “ReTreat Yourself” Women's Getaway At The Osprey At Beaver Creek, A RockResort
BEAVER CREEK, Colo – August 20, 2010 – The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, the closest hotel to a chairlift in North America, will host “ReTreat Yourself” women’s getaway, January 5–9, 2011. During the event’s second year at The Osprey, women will be immersed in transformative bonding and wellness experiences with such activities as skiing/snowboarding sessions guided by pro-athletes and top instructors in Beaver Creek. This weekend of renewal also includes yoga classes, motivational speaking sessions, a presentation from a local nutritionist and a cooking class. B4BC (Boarding for Breast Cancer), a non-profit, education, awareness and fundraising foundation, will sponsor six breast cancer survivors to partake in the retreat.
“ReTreat Yourself”—ideal for beginner to advanced skiers and riders as well as all levels of yoga—includes a four-night stay at The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort, and the following highlights:
• Daily ski and snowboard sessions led by pro-snowboarders Megan Pischke and Barrett Christy, and pro-skier Kasha Rigby (3 sessions)
• Yoga classes including morning yoga sessions and evening restorative with yoga teacher Amy Baker (6 classes)
• Sessions with motivational speaker Linda Kennoy on learning new tools to incorporate balance in everyday life and tasks (4 sessions)
• Cooking class with local chef Tracey Van Curan of Foods of Vail. The class will focus on Low Glycemic and Gluten Free recipes to help promote health and wellness.
• A special presentation on balancing lives with food and eating habits conducted by one of Vail Valley’s premier nutritionists Dr. Jacqui Slavin, D.C.
• Daily breakfast at The Osprey, and daily lunch at such exciting venues as Trappers Cabin, a private mountaintop retreat
• A B4BC (Boarding for Breast Cancer) fundraiser party complete with mini spa treatments, delectable cuisine and wine, and a silent auction to benefit B4BC
• A “Tea Greeting” welcome reception on January 5, as well as a final parting lunch on January 9 at The Osprey
Pricing is $1,567.95 per person, based on double occupancy. Resort fees and taxes included. Single occupancy rates are available for $2,078.51. Lift ticket and ski equipment not included, but will be available at a discounted rate. Subject to availability.
• Pro snowboarder and yoga enthusiast Megan Pischke has been snowboarding for over 16 years with appearances at X-Games and in Warren Miller films. She currently works with her longtime sponsor The North Face, and is also a long time Vail Snowboard Team member.
• With over 16 years in the snowboarding industry, Barrett Christy was a member of the first Olympic Snowboarding team and has competed in such events as X-Games, US Open and Grand Prix. She is the women’s program manager for Gnu Snowboards, and works with Nike as a mentor to the next generation of professional snowboarders.
• Kasha Rigby has been skiing (telemark and alpine) and climbing for almost 20 years, and has skied on nearly every continent. She began a yoga practice 15 years ago that has deepened her dedication to healing arts. She is sponsored by The North Face.
• Amy Baker, a yoga teacher at Dogma Athletica in Edwards, CO, has been certified by the American College of Sports Medicine. Her technique is to go deep into the body, powerfully connect with the core to release physical and emotional toxins, and re-fill with a rich connection to spirit.
• Linda Kennoy is a life coach in Boulder, CO with more than 30 years experience. With a witty and fun outlook on life, she takes personal power seriously, and guides participants on ways to have clear direct intent to reach goals.
• Tracey Van Curan has been the sole owner and creative force behind Foods Of Vail since 1981. A business degree and a love for beautifully prepared foods is the foundation of her successful career. From artistic dinners to casseroles in the retail shop, the same philosophy prevails, “Use the best ingredients available and make it with love.”
• Dr. Jacqui Slavin, D.C. is a functional medicine practitioner and owner of Functional Wellness in Edwards, CO. Specializing in functional nutrition, she shares fundamental information about the body’s basic needs and teaches the use of food as your best medicine for addressing mechanisms of underlying dysfunction.
The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort:
Redefining slopeside style, The Osprey at Beaver Creek is the closest ski-in/ski-out hotel to a chairlift in North America. The Osprey offers sophisticated alpine-chic design, 47 luxurious accommodations, a hotspot social scene, and posh-yet-playful services and amenities. Its trendy Osprey Lounge offers custom cocktails and a tapas-style menu with options such as lobster nachos and deep fried snicker bars. Hotel service highlights include après ski mixology lessons, a Wii entertainment center in the lobby lounge, personal ski valets to cater to guests’ every whim, and a pool deck with outdoor lounge seating, a fire pit and full bar service.
For more information, including reservations, please visit beavercreekresortproperties.com or call 800-752-7920. Follow The Osprey at Beaver Creek on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheOspreyAtBeaverCreek.